Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Grandma claims she's being plagued by ghost



A grandmother claims she is being haunted by a poltergeist who continually gropes her as she tries to sleep.

Doris Birch, of Herne Bay in Kent, Britain, began experiencing the nocturnal disturbances in her flat four months ago, the Daily Mail has reported.

The 73-year-old said: ‘It’s like an octopus. I was lying in bed when I felt this creepy pair of hands.

‘I kicked frantically and it went away.

'I’ve tried sleeping without the duvet. But it started shaking my mattress.

‘I even threw the mattress off the bed and bought a new one but it has made no difference.

‘This is very creepy and is giving me the jitters. It’s harassing me.
'I need to call in the Ghostbusters.’

Birch, who lives alone, says she has consulted a vicar who believes the disturbances are being caused by a ‘lost spirit,’ according to the Canterbury Times.

The former nursing home assistant has had a promise from a local husband-and-wife ghost hunting team to send the poltergeist packing.

The word poltergeist comes from the German words poltern 'to make a noise' and geist 'spirit'.

The term itself literally means 'noisy ghost' and victims often report inanimate objects being picked up and thrown, noises such as knocking, rapping and human voices - or even physical attacks. 



http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/12/182_100004.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive